Syma X5C Quadcotper Review
Do you wish to give the hobby of drone-flying a try? If you are looking for an inexpensive beginner’s camera remote control drone, the SYMA X5C quadcopter is the best reasonably priced drone. It is a great and ultimate drone that is easy to use both indoors and outdoors. It is the easiest to fly of any other entry level quadcopters I have flown and also have the best handling. It is more stable, handles the wind better, easier to hover and has the ability to survive rough treatments.
Design and battery life
The SYMA X5C quadcopter is a multi-colored drone that has the dimensions of 16.5×12.2×3.8 inches and the weight of 1.2 pounds. It is made up of a modular design structure and also a 6-axis Gyro stabilization system which ensures maximum or high stability and flexibility during flight. It is equipped with a 2.0mp HD camera and also a 2 GB memory card. The drone has four propellers and also came with four spare propellers. It has four blade guards which help in guarding the propellers against getting damaged easily, during rough situations.
It also came with 2 landing skids. The drone comes with a 3.7v 500 Mah Li-poly battery that can be charged with the use of a USB charger which is also included. The drone possesses the main rotor which rotates the propellers and it is 14cm in diameter. It also came with a screwdriver.
The SYMA X5C quadcopter comes with a 2.4GHz remote control (transmitter RC controller) which possesses two modes and controls the drone. The battery is not included in the remote control. It has some great features which aid the control of the drone which can be good for beginners and advanced flyers alike. The features include the antenna indicator, right control lever, left control lever, high/low-speed switch, mode switch (left fine-tuning and sideward fine-tuning), 3D evasion, power on or off and an LCD displayer. The transmitter RC controller can control the quad drone to a distance of about 50 meters.
It comes with a 3.7v 500Mah Li-poly battery which has a charging time of about 100 minutes and allows the flying time of about 5-8 minutes depending on how fast or slow you fly the quadcopter.
Ease of use and price
The SYMA X5C quadcopter is easy to use in that it is flexible and stable when flying. It is resistant to the wind and this gives you the opportunity to use the product both outdoors and indoors. It is easier for you to assemble and it also has a throwing flight option and convenient for maintenance 360° eversion. It flies better and can be seen well in the sky due to its size. It has the ability to withstand multiple crashes due to its durability, therefore giving you the opportunity to fly it for as many times as you wish.
Due to the availability of two modes, you can fly the quadcopter indoor using the slower or softer mode and you can fly it outdoor using the faster mode. The remote control allows you to fly a further distance and also has an anti-interference due to the spread spectrum technology used. Unlike other products, there are enough spare parts available for the SYMA X5C quadcopter. If any of the parts get damaged, you can easily get new spare parts to replace it.
It is a great drone and it doesn’t cost a fortune. The price ranges from $43.35 to $60, depending on the seller. You can also obtain the quadcopter spare parts at very cheap rates.
Just like every other product, the SYMA X5C quadcopter has its own pros and cons.
- The camera is impressive and actually quite good in daylight conditions
- In case of damage, the quadcopter came with four extra or spare propellers
- It flies accurately with good control handling
- It has a blade or protective guard which helps in guarding against potential damage
- It is stable and flies well in calm winds
- In terms of directionality, the LED light present, aids early morning and evening flight
- It has a light weight that also helps in guarding against damage in cases of crashes
- It has an internal battery which you can easily charge by using the provided USB charger
- It has a decent battery life of 7-10 minutes, depending on how you used the quadcopter
- You can swap the battery easily
- You can easily get the accessories of the SYMA X5C quadcopter unlike other products which you will have to drive or walk miles to get
- The SYMA X5C quadcopter is one of the cheapest drones. You don’t need to spend all the money on you before you can purchase it.
- The spare parts are also easy to get at cheaper rates
- You can fly the drone both indoors and outdoors due to the two modes it possesses
- It provides you the ability to take pictures remotely
- Due to its perfect size and color, you can see it easily in the sky and also find it when missing
- Due to its durability, it can survive many crashes with or without the blade guard.
- When it gets higher in elevation or further away, identifying directionality becomes a problem (an issue for most drones unless using FPV)
- Due to the battery capacity, it does not allow a longer period of flight and it also leads to frequent crashing of the quadcopter because the propellers tend to shut down when the battery is drained during flight
- Synchronizing the controller with the quadcopter can sometimes be frustrating
- There is limit to the flying height
- It cannot resist high-intensity winds
The SYMA X5C quadcopter is worth every penny, so I can recommend it for beginners or newbie who have a passion for flying. The drone is an ultimate drone for beginners because of its cheap price and durability which helps in resisting damage from multiple crashing that can occur when flying as a newbie. Also, it is truly fun to fly.