DJI Phantom 4 Review
Have you ever thought of experiencing an intelligent fly? A fly that is made easy and full of fun? DJI Phantom 4 is an intelligent, smarter, leaner, faster and stronger drone with the smartest flying camera. It has a lot of features that makes it different from other phantom models and it is also exceptional with some features such as the sense and obstacles sensors, the tap to fly, and many others.
Design and battery life
The DJI Phantom 4 comes with the dimensions of 15 x 8.7 x 12.8 inches and the weight of 8.8 pounds. It comes with a powerful gimbal stabilized 12 MP camera designed for the sky and can capture a 4k ultra HD video. Two cameras are facing downward. It is designed using a magnesium unibody and streamline shell which helps in reducing the weight of the quadcopter while keeping stiffness at a maximum to minimum vibration. It has a thinner, more aerodynamic body and glossy plastic frame. It also has a grey plastic at the belly. It comes with four propellers which are set higher from the body and the landing gear which is a bit wider.
The quadcopter comes with two features which are the automated flight control and the collision avoidance system which uses a visual sensor. It also comes with four motors with each sitting outside the fairings over the propeller arms which make it less bulky and a bit sleeker. It also comes with a GPS feature which aids navigation and maintains flight stability by drawing upon close to 24 satellites. The coolest new feature added to the quadcopter is the tap to fly. The quadcopter comes with a vision position system which provides navigation when GPS is not available and it is close to the ground. It also comes with one lithium polymer battery which has the capacity of 5350 mAh, 81.3 Wh and has the maximum charging power of about 100W. The capacity of the battery gives you the opportunity to enjoy the flight time of about 28 minutes. There is also an increase in the size of the battery. The battery can be recharged within an hour.
It also comes with a customizable remote controller that can be customized to match your flying style. The controller comes with an HDMI module. The quadcopter also includes accessories such as the gimbal clamp, USB OTG cable, flight battery charger, carrying case, AC cable for charger, and 16 GB memory card for saving recorded videos and pictures. The carrying case is a gray Styrofoam suitcase which is more durable and compact than the one that comes with DJI Phantom 3.
The DJI Phantom 4 comes with some modes which make it exceptional. These modes are the intelligent flight mode which includes the active track and the tap to fly and the new sport mode. It also has an auto track feature
Ease of use and price
The features of the DJI Phantom 4 make it easy for you to use. The tap to fly mode makes it easy for you to send the drone to any direction hands-free. You don’t have to undergo the stress of getting the quadcopter to fly and land because with just a single tap you can perform the task. In cases where you are losing control of the drone, you can just press the return to home button to bring it back.
The two ways of control make it easy for you to control the drone as you like. You can choose to use the manual control by using the joystick from the remote controller or you can choose to use the automated flight mode. Also, the avoid obstacle sensor allows you to enjoy your flight and have fun without any obstruction in as much as you are flying forward and not sideways.
The price of the DJI Phantom 4 can be found here.
- It is easy to fly
- The quadcopter has two cameras on the front and two on the undercarriage which gives you the chance of seeing the world around you without you moving around
- The drone has the ability to sense the obstacle in front of it, therefore with the object detection feature it has the ability to avoid obstacles and prevent crashing.
- It has a dual satellite positioning system and an enhanced vision positioning system which provides you with a more reliable and safer flight
- It can be flown both outdoors and indoors
- It automatically creates seamless tracking shots
- The 3-axis u-frame stabilization system helps you in canceling out unwanted camera movements during flights. You can frame up your shot with perfect precision
- The dual compass module and dual inertial greatly increases reliability
- With the DJI Phantom 4, a high-speed flight is possible. You will be able to fly up to 45mph with the new sport mode. It is also fun to fly due to the sport mode feature included in the drone
- It provides you the ability to lock on your object or target and track them as they move
- It provides you with an extended flight time
- The advanced stability and streamlined aerodynamics help your quadcopter to slip more smoothly during flight
- The added push and release props make it easy to lock props in place with a push and twist. It also adds extra security while you are flying
- It has three flight modes that allow you to customize your flight depending what you need
- The DJI Phantom 4 is 5 times stable compared to other DJI Phantom quadcopters
- The obstacle sensor has a limitation in that the quadcopter can only sense the obstacles in front of it and not beside or behind it. This means it can only avoid obstacles in front
- There is also a limitation to the target lock feature. If you lock a target and the drone comes across someone else with similar features with the target, it will lose the real target.
- It is sometimes difficult to get it up and running
- You can’t shoot incredible videos while in a sport mode
- The battery drains much quicker while in a fast mode
The DJI Phantom 4 can be recommended to a newbie who finds interest in flying and professionals who are good at flying and want to enjoy and experience the easiest way to fly. Photographers and videographers can also purchase the quadcopter due to the smartest camera it possesses.
Are you looking forward to purchasing your first drone? The DJI Phantom 4 can be your best and obvious shot.