Comprehensive Review Of The DJI Phantom 3 (Professional AND Standard)
Are you looking for a beyond awesome quadcopter? Do you like to fly with absolute confidence and freedom? The DJI Phantom 3 will make you enjoy the thrill as you fly through the air. It will fly exactly on the path you want. It can fly higher, speed up and stop whenever you want.
The DJI Phantom 3 has different varieties or types, parts of which are: the Phantom 3 standard and the Phantom 3 professional. Both quadcopters are a good choice for you as a flyer. They fit into your life and makes flying amazingly easy and natural.
THE DJI PHANTOM 3 STANDARD
Design and battery life
The DJI Phantom 3 standard is a quadcopter built with the dimensions of 15 × 14 × 8.2 inches and also has the weight of 2.7 pounds. It comes with two full sets of propellers. It also comes with an 8 GB micro SD card that can be used to save recorded videos and pictures. It is equipped with two strong landing skids. It comes with one lithium polymer battery and a single charger that can be used to charge it. Unlike some other quadcopters, the DJI Phantom 3 standard is a multi-rotor drone. It is integrated with the 3-axis Gimbal which provides stability during flight.
It is equipped with the most accessible camera ever built which can record “2.7K” video (2704×1520) at 24 or 30 frames per second; it can also shoot 1920×1080 video at 24, 25, 30, or 48 fps, 1280×720 at 24, 25, 30, 48, 50, or 60 fps and also take pictures at 12 MP. The DJI Phantom 3 standard is also equipped with an inbuilt GPS which records your take off point and remembers it as it moves. Four bright, large LED are part of the design and they are located on each arm of the quadcopter.
It also comes with a handheld radio controller which includes an inbuilt rechargeable battery, a LED power level indicator, a USB connector and a clamp to hold your mobile device. The radio controller also comes with a 2.4 GHz WI-Fi range extender. The battery life of the included intelligent battery used in powering the quadcopter is 25 – 30 minutes depending on the condition and it charges at 57W.
Ease of use and price
The DJI Phantom 3 standard is easy to use in that it has a return home option. The inbuilt GPS will help your DJI Phantom 3 standard quadcopter come home without stressing you and this means the chance of you losing your quadcopter in thin air is very slim. The camera control buttons in the controller make it easy for you to change the camera angle and start and stop taking pictures and the recording of videos.
The memory card included makes it easy for you to access the videos recorded and pictures taken. The Wi-Fi range extender also makes it possible for you to stream the live view and this is aided by downloading and using the DJI Go application on your device. The DJI pilot application also makes it easy for you to power up the motors of the drone.
The price of the quadcopter varies depending on the seller you are purchasing from. The price of the DJI Phantom 3 standard can be found online here.
- The 3-axis gimbal counters unwanted mobility and provides stability during flight
- It can be tethered to your mobile device and this makes it possible for you to view a live feed from the camera during flight
- It has a range extender that makes it possible for you to boost the range up to 3280.8′ line-of-sight.
- It is easy to control and the GPS in the quadcopter gives it the ability to return to you if the control signal is ever lost
- It has the ability to automatically hover itself while waiting for your command
- The battery life allows you to fly for a long time and takes short time to charge
- It provides an easy navigation
- It provides you the ability to set height and distance
- You cannot fly the quadcopter unless the update process is performed
- The camera cannot record videos longer than 7 to 10 minutes without skipping.
THE DJI PHANTOM 3 PROFESSIONAL
Design and battery life
The DJI Phantom 3 professional is a quadcopter built with the dimensions of 18 × 13 × 8 inches and also has the weight of 9.2 pounds. Unlike the DJI Phantom 3 standard, it comes with a fully stabilized 3-axis 4k UHD video camera of 12MP for crisp videos, smooth, and still photos. It also comes with an intelligent lithium metal battery. It comes with an aircraft body, one remote controller, two pairs of propellers, one power cable, one battery charger, 16 GB micro-SD card, four vibration absorbers, two anti-drop kit, four landing pads, one propeller wrench, and five stickers of different colors (Gold, silver, red, blue and pink). It is also made up of a 6-axis gyroscope and accelerometer and four electronic speed controllers.
It is also integrated with an array of ultrasonic and optical sensors that gives you the opportunity to fly indoor without the need of GPS. It has an inbuilt safety database of no-fly zones and a Gimbal clamp. The battery life of the included intelligent battery allows you to fly the quadcopter for about 23 minutes.
Ease of use and price
The main controller makes it easy for you to process and analyze data in real time. It collects data from the whole system of the quadcopter and analyzes it for you. It comes with an auto takeoff and auto landing so you don’t have to undergo the problem of takeoff and landing. With the ultrasonic and optical sensors, you will be able to fly the quadcopter indoor without you using a GPS. The 6-axis gyroscope and accelerometer provides you even the smallest changes in tilt and movement. The electric speed controller allows you to easily achieve any flight movement, from slow to rapid movement.
The price of the quadcopter ranges and can be found on amazon here.
Pros and cons
The DJI Phantom 3 professional has almost the same pros and cons with the DJI Phantom 3 standard except with some little additions such as:
- It has a follow me feature that allows the quadcopter to follow you and capture your every movement
- The DJI Phantom 3 professional has a complete 4k camera of 12MP
- The availability of the drone the 6-axis gyroscope allows you to keep track of the slightest tilt or change in acceleration
- The LED charge light present on the quadcopter will allow you to keep track of the remaining flight time
- It has a self-tightening rotor that ensures that the pop does not loosen during flight time
- It is not compact for travel
- Controller has to be recharged
- You cannot use it for commercial purposes
Due to the 4k video camera included in the DJI Phantom 3 professional, I can recommend it to a photographer or videographer because the video is so smooth that you will not think it was a drone. I can recommend the DJI Phantom 3 standard for beginners who are just learning to fly and have fun.
The DJI Phantom 3 is a completely different product with so much improvement. It is truly amazing and Rock solid!